Overnight Parking in RV while Traveling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight Parking in RV while Traveling

Most Walmart Super Centers (but generally not the smaller Walmarts) will allow overnight parking if you park way out away from the store - without obstructing their business. I'm a drag racer who often requires two days of driving to get to the track. I'll generally drive until midnight, making it too late to get a spot at a truck stop of rest area. You also won't have room to extend your slideouts at rest areas and truck stops. Please use this thread to share the Walmarts you have found to be motorhome friendly, easy to maneuver through, safe, and easy on/off Freeway - and those which are not.

Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Lonoke, AR. is on I-40 just East of Little Rock. Very close to the freeway and the parking lot is easy to maneuver if you use the first left and don't use the one close to the store. I first found this store a few years back in a terrible storm that closed part of I-40 for days due to flooding. This store's lot is on high ground.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Jackson, TN is on I-40 about 80 miles east of Memphis. It is 700 miles from my home, so it is often the first or last stop. With a Motorhome you have to drive past the Store and make the next three rights to come in from the back of the store, and park on the Sams side.

Comment

Sikeston, Mo. Real close to the I-55/I-57 Junction on Rt. 60. They have carpool people parking there in the morning who will block you in. Angle the front of coach to get out.

Comment

Lake City, Fl. on I-75 about 20 miles south of I-10. I usually meet up here with other racers coming from the north heading to Bradenton, FL. During the Bradenton race, this has become a popular spot, so get there early.

Comment

Marshall, TX. Very easy to maneuver the lot with big motorhome and trailer.

Comment

Cincinnati, OH Walmarts are off limits due to city ordinance on overnight parking.

Comment

I just returned from Motorhome trip to Buffalo, NY and stayed at both the Walmart in Sikeston on way up and Loanoke on the way back. While staying at Walmarts are no longer a Company wide policy, those two still allow if you don't disrupt their available customer parking.

Comment

Visitors

Collapse

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X