Motorhome Dingy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorhome Dingy

In Texas we go big, and so my Motorhome Dingy is a 2006 Ford F350 King Ranch Dually Crew Cab 4 X 4

I prefer to flat tow as opposed to a car dolly because:
    • Safer
    • Dollies have a lot of flats
    • Some road (Garden State Pky for one) don't allow tow dolleys
    • Easier to hookup and in hook

I chose my truck because to flat tow you need a stick shift, a manual 4x4, or a certain few Import automatics. I bought this truck as a 4x4 in 2005, and it has been behind five different motorhomes that I owned. Four can ride in comfort, and I have the 8' bed for cargo or my Harley. I use a blue Ox heavy Duty tow bar and had mounting brackets welded onto the front where the stock tow hooks were. Truck was wired for seven blade from motorhome to six pin on front of truck.

I have on occasion used my open trailer for wife's Volvo X90.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Along with my motorhome, I upgraded my 12-year dingy to a New Ram 3500 Dually 4x4.

Comment

For a tow bar, I bought a Blue Ox 1989 hidden plate that's hidden behind the bumper. I took to a local body shop and paid him $100 cash to remove the bumper, bolt on the plate with the included (8) Grade 8 bolts, and replace the bumper.

I bought a tail light wiring kit with diodes (as my truck has LEDs lights) and a kit without Diodes as they need to be spliced together because of the length of the truck, and spent the day under the truck routing and mounting where it was hidden and not near moving suspension..

I use the largest Blue Ox tow bar, I believe its rated for 10,000 pounds. I inspect annually, as my previous one loosened up at the pivot ball. There is no nut to tighten, but there are replacement parts.

Comment

Visitors

Collapse

Latest Group Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X