Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda generator sale

Real Name
    Jim Netherland
    I know Hondas are supposed to be quite, but I have been parked by some that were not so. And for Generac (Gen-Junk) I had one of those in a motorhome once and it was so noisy and shook the whole motor home, I took it out and gave it to one of the guys that like to set their generator in your pit. I perfer Onan and have had very good service from them. But I am concerned that the one in my latest motorhome may not be the quality of the others. It is the same size and quite but holds less oil and has no oil filter or pressure cut-off switch.
    JIM N.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    Actually only the Hondas that have EU in front of the model number are the quiet ones (46db-64db). They make three different series, and their old school ones with the lawnmower motors aren't too much quieter than the Colemans or Generac.
    Stuff I'm Selling on Dave's List...................... ........................Over 100 Mopar Items I've listed in MoparStyle's Free Classifieds

Real Name
    Steve Charette
    There is an ad in our local Auto & RV book from rvpartscountry.com - they show the EU-2000, MSRP $1195 on sale for $874.99, with over 200 in stock. The EU-3000 is on sale for $1754... just under the cost of 2 EU-2000's and the parallel cable kit.

Tried adding one into their shopping cart and it shows the price to be $0.00 ... hmm...

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    I'd buy 200 at that price
    Stuff I'm Selling on Dave's List...................... ........................Over 100 Mopar Items I've listed in MoparStyle's Free Classifieds

Real Name
    Steve Charette
    I have yet to pursue this but my guess is that 200 other souls beat you to it...

Real Name
    Jim Netherland
    Not sure what's going on with these Honda generators. I had 2 sales papers with them in today's mail.
    Jim N.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    Spring is when the generators go on sale.

They don't need sales during the summer hurricane season

Real Name
    Steve Charette
    Good point Dave but you have to wonder if they are clearing the supply line out to introduce a new model - these are great little generators but how long have they been on the market? The imitators are getting close, it might be time for Honda to up the game.

Then again, probably not. New and improved versions only show their faces right after I buy the last old one at a "bargain" price... I've had mine a couple of years now.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    This new generation has only been out a couple of years. The last ones were out 35 years. Actually, Honda still sells the old school too.

I do remember a big Honda generator sale at Camping World at the beginning of racing season last year -- and I almost pulled the trigger then.

Thread Information