Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live From Mechanicsville

Real Name
    Dave Schultz

Live From Mechanicsville

I know we're fours weeks away, but i might start this thread rolling to see who will be going?

I know the Monster is the same weekend, and as much as Id like to go, Dallas is in a small lead with NMCA and I need to turn things around from my last showing with an oil leak from the timing case. The track is a IHRA track, so no Wally at this one.

Dallas and I will be there. The plan is to bring our Harley's instead of the golf cart, and if the cars hold together, we'll take an East coast ride, take the rig to Bowling Green for Hot Rod Reunion, and ride Kentucky and Tennessee for a couple of days before that race.

So who else will be going to Maryland?

I'll let someone going to the Monster who can keep it updated handle starting that thread.
    Stuff I'm Selling on Dave's List...................... ........................Over 100 Mopar Items I've listed in MoparStyle's Free Classifieds

Real Name
    Barb Neighbor
    The Neighbor's will be there. Skippy is planning on being there, too (about time!).Looking for good weather.Sounds like the bike trip should be fun for a father/son bonding-thing.

Real Name
    Barb Neighbor
    By the way, Kurt asked about the generator. This morning I asked about our hot water tank and if it was ready to go...got the "been working on the cars" response. He wasn't sure about when the tank would get fixed...but reminded him that I can whine all the the way there and all the way back.Cold shower, cold shoulder. He said he would look into it the weekend.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    Still don't have the generator fixed. I don't want to go to the last place and the new place says they can't look at until May 2. I'm going to talk to them today. We suspect it is the controller board and that requires pulling the generator out from the side as it won't drop. it is in so tight that you can't get the top off with it in the motorhome. Dallas and I take quite a few 300+ mile rides often.
    Stuff I'm Selling on Dave's List...................... ........................Over 100 Mopar Items I've listed in MoparStyle's Free Classifieds

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    • Generator is fixed. It was a pin to the controller board not making a good connection
    • Still waiting on parts for the Whale -- need to fix oil leak and get to the track
    • On Big Red Ram, the new rear axle housing has arrived and about to go in with new ladder bar rear. The custom headers didn't fit with the automatic trans, so Dallas is taking the TTI headers off the black Coronet and sending them to Matt. Hoping to meet Matt at the track the week before Mechanicsville and dial in the car.
    • I still have a short in the trailer from the poor awning installation (shop in San Antonio) -- hoping to get that fixed before the race.
    • Have a new Honda generator as a back up
    • Added a little bracket to the dash to mount a variable resistor to replace the pills in my shift light
    • Need to replace the slicks on Big Red Ram before the race
    • Need to figure out how to get a pair of Harleys in the trailer

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    I just got word that the Big Red Ram is ready. A whole lot of changes were made to the car.

Matt Wright from BRC Racecraft took it to the track yesterday and did a 6.07 and two 6.08s with the tires spinning on a piss-poor prepped track.

Dallas and I will leave Tuesday to pick it up, and Dallas will start to run it in Mechanicsville.

Deb and Hope will come with us, and we'll then run at the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green on the way home -- assuming the cars agree with that plan -- making this a little family vacation.

Real Name
    Barb Neighbor
    I like those "by-the-way" vacations. We call them adventures...because some trouble ALWAYS happens. Makes for an interesting trip.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    We're leaving for Maryland early in the morning, and should be there Thursday afternoon. About 1600 if we avoid North Carolina, which we have to because of the length go the rig. 65' max in North Carolina.

We'll post updates from the track.

Real Name
    Barb Neighbor
    We are leaving this afternoon. Will try following Skip. Should arrive very late today or in the a.m. Thurs. Drive safely. So far as I have found, S.Carolina and FL are the only 2 states that allow Motorhome/trailer combos over 65 feet. Sucks.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    Don't go through Washington DC -- they only allow 55', gotta come up through the south

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/20659

Thread Information