Thread: aluminium bumper brackets

aluminium bumper brackets

Does anybody know where to buy aluminium bumper brackets for a 1968 barracuda?

Real Name
    Jay Freihage
    Made my own out of flat stock, sort of resembles a "T", side brackets look like "U" (very thin stock) and aluminum nuts, bolts, and washers. With fiberglass bumpers you can get by with nylon on the bumper . Been on the front of my car since '99 with no problems. Check them regularly.

Jay

texoutsider
    Same here on all front and rear fiberglass bumpers out of our shop........we make em up out of aluminum stock and light weight bolts.

M.

Real Name
    Dave Schultz
    Yup - Mark did the bumper brackets out of thin Aluminum stock for the fiberglass bumpers on my Red Coronet and Whale -- and they worked well. Are your bumpers fiberglass or steel?
    Stuff I'm Selling on Dave's List...................... ........................Over 100 Mopar Items I've listed in MoparStyle's Free Classifieds

Real Name
    Steve Charette
    Dave, the '68 brackets are pretty simple, you guys could probably whiz them up in your shop in an hour or two.

Don't overlook the small u-shaped brackets Jay mentioned - I built an aluminum bumper for my '63 years back and the ends sagged (rotated downward) over the course of time.

I started working on an aluminum bumper for my '68 but set it aside until the car is running again.

Thread Information