Honda generator sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda generator sale

http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?Ntt=honda+generators&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntpc=1&affiliateid=4222&CWID=2716953&rewroteCamping
    World has a sale on Honda generators until May 6th. These are in a totally different class than those five times the size, but 2/3 the price. I ran one that kept 2 16 volt chargers, a 12 volt charger, and a coffee maker going. 8 hours on a tank of gas, no hernia picking up, and I Ran it all weekend in the pits and never heard it. A 100 year old lady can start it. 3 year warranty, plus two additional years for $99 bux. The Honda motor is indestructible and will last far longer than that clanger People set in your pits because it is too noisy for theirs. They turn off by cutting fuel at carb. I'm big time sold on these as a portable generator. Quality doesn't cost, it pays.

I was told on another site that you have to be a member to see pricesSorry, I do have an account there so I saw the prices an assume others could see. Honda price protects their generators and that's why it is one of the few items Amazon can't sell. You're not allowed to advertise prices or sales, or try to undercut others selling Honda.What I can relay is that the street price for the non-California EU2000i generator gas like i have has a street price of about $1150 and I think the lists $1250. The sale price is $999. That's big time Steep I know, but you just can't compare to the old style for Performance and durability. It's like comparing a Model T to a Lexus.

Comment

We have a little 650 watt Honda we take to the races for battery charging, running a cool-down fan and powering the air compressor. I bought it 3rd hand, 14 years ago. It must be 20 years old (or older?).

It cranks every time. I change the oil one a year (maybe), it's quite, it's drop dead dependable. Even with ethanol gas, race gas, (and whatever else get dumped in it!) it still cranks right up. After sitting all winter, it MAY take 3 pulls. Unbelievable... Runs all day on a 1/2 gallon (or so) of fuel.

I just gave away my '92 model Honda, liquid cooled lawn tractor to my bro-n-law. It still runs and runs. Quality products......
      1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Wise Equipment has the Honda 2000 generators for $899.00. They are very knowledgable and great to deal with. They keep a large inventory of accessories also. I just bought a second 2000 last month so I can hook the two together for a 4,000 watt generator when I need it.I also made an extended run fuel tank so they can run continuously for 2 days straight without turning off or refueling! They are the best generator on the market, hands down and well worth the money.
        Chris.

Comment

Well $899 is a better price. Makes me feel bad I paid $999 yesterday. http://www.wisesales.com/generators-...enerators.html

Comment

I find this a lot more quiet, just stretch it out to the nearest toterhome and plug it in... makes no noise. Works especially well if you park next to Kurt.

Man that's bad..... Actually I parked next to Kurt one year at Monster. Him and his wife are super nice people. He offered to let me plug into his motorhome so he didn't have to hear my generator. I felt bad, I hardly ever start my generator. I have an alternator on my car that will keep my battery charged all day, I carry a high pressure air tank that will fill my tires all weekend. I hate hearing that thing worse than anyone. I am thinking of buying a big solar panel that will run a box fan. I find that is the most I ever need.
            Attached Files

Comment

Dave, Us Missourians say Show-Me your best price! When you are poor like me, you have to hunt around for the best bargains out there for everything. I think that it is great that you provide a forum so others can gain info and find out about bargains like this. Keep up the good work,
              Chris

Comment

Originally posted by DWatkins View Post
                I find this a lot more quiet, just stretch it out to the nearest toterhome and plug it in... makes no noise. Works especially well if you park next to Kurt.

Man that's bad..... Actually I parked next to Kurt one year at Monster. Him and his wife are super nice people. He offered to let me plug into his motorhome so he didn't have to hear my generator. I felt bad, I hardly ever start my generator. I have an alternator on my car that will keep my battery charged all day, I carry a high pressure air tank that will fill my tires all weekend. I hate hearing that thing worse than anyone. I am thinking of buying a big solar panel that will run a box fan. I find that is the most I ever need.
                Two races in a row I've had electrical problems. In Bradenton -- it was the inverter when Dallas plugged in the trailer in knowing that there was a short in the awning wiring. That blew the inverter. This last race in Atlanta -- it turned out that there was a bad connection with the 25 pin connector to the generator's controller card.

In Bradenton, we ran three cords to Doug's motorhome and kept the chargers for the iPad and iPhones in his trailer. In Atlanta, he whipped out his Honda generator and we had it do the charging of both car's 16v batteries, and a 12V charger to the 8 house batteries -- so we had lights, water pump for showers, and power my CPAP at night. I was so impressed that you couldn't hear the Honda from 15-20 feet away, that it easily handled that power requirement, that it was so light to put in the trailer at night, and only needed to be refilled once in 3 days -- that I bought one of my own a couple of days ago after researching how it compared to other new tech generators, and where I could find it the cheapest.

I'd checked everywhere (I'd thought) for pricing -- but it is difficult since Honda won't allow its dealers to advertise. I don't need to pay and extra $100 as much as anyone as I'm living off my life's savings.

Those big clanging generators annoy the shit out of me too. I've often offered an out let to a neighbor to get them to stop wearing me out with their old school generator.

Comment

I have a Generac very similar the honda 2000i Got it at Cabelas on sale $699.00 and had disc.to bring it down another $50.00 It works very well and quite too!

Comment

I have a Honda gen that has to be 25 years old, I got it used from a yardboy that needed front struts on his VW. It's been on my race trailor for 12 years, starts most times on the first pull. I had to weld it to the frame, but someone tried to steal it behind my shop anyway, they didn't get it but they tried. Can't see how you get by without one. One time I had a fan, charger and compresor all running at the same time. Like a Timex, takes a licking and keeps on ticking good Honda !!! I think it cost me all of about 150.00 bucks 2 struts @ 75.00 a copy, plus my labor.

Comment

I know Hondas are supposed to be quite, but I have been parked by some that were not so. And for Generac (Gen-Junk) I had one of those in a motorhome once and it was so noisy and shook the whole motor home, I took it out and gave it to one of the guys that like to set their generator in your pit. I perfer Onan and have had very good service from them. But I am concerned that the one in my latest motorhome may not be the quality of the others. It is the same size and quite but holds less oil and has no oil filter or pressure cut-off switch.
                      JIM N.

Comment

Actually only the Hondas that have EU in front of the model number are the quiet ones (46db-64db). They make three different series, and their old school ones with the lawnmower motors aren't too much quieter than the Colemans or Generac.

Comment

There is an ad in our local Auto & RV book from rvpartscountry.com - they show the EU-2000, MSRP $1195 on sale for $874.99, with over 200 in stock. The EU-3000 is on sale for $1754... just under the cost of 2 EU-2000's and the parallel cable kit.

Tried adding one into their shopping cart and it shows the price to be $0.00 ... hmm...
                          Steve Charette - NSS Newbie - NMCA NSS #7499
                          '68 Plymouth Barracuda 499ci - motor in assembly
                          '62 Plymouth Wagon 343hp 383 "Mr. Buttons" - in process
                          '64 Plymouth 2drht Max Wedge clone - next up after wagon

Comment

I'd buy 200 at that price

Comment

I have yet to pursue this but my guess is that 200 other souls beat you to it...
                              Steve Charette - NSS Newbie - NMCA NSS #7499
                              '68 Plymouth Barracuda 499ci - motor in assembly
                              '62 Plymouth Wagon 343hp 383 "Mr. Buttons" - in process
                              '64 Plymouth 2drht Max Wedge clone - next up after wagon

Comment

Working...
                              X