Live From the Hot Rod Reunion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live From the Hot Rod Reunion

This is thread to do the posting for the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green.

Prerace discussion
    Event updates
    Post race recap

So who all is going?

Dallas and I (along with the Aquawk and Hope) intend to stop by on the way home from Maryland -- assuming the cars cooperate.

http://www.nhra.net/2012/images/Muse...escription.pdf
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I will be there. Gabe will be coming up after work on Thursday.

I'm still trying to figure out a change made to the Malibu. Put in a new converter Friday night, and couldn't get the car to repeat itself. After a closer look today, I think the whole issue is low trans fluid. The genuine, imitation, knock-off Lokar look-alike dipstick has never been too accurate. It had pulled out some during the trans R&I. Didn't leak, but was out enough to make marginal fluid level, low. I checked it half a dozen times. I even had my trans guy (who was at the track last night, pitted with us) check it. I added a quart today,, and everything checks out. It seems to stall right, doesn't flash or rev.....

We'll find out next Saturday. My day to run, so it will be in the D.O.T. class, where all runs are 1/4 mile. Hope to get it dialed for Bowling Green heat and humidity!

See you guys (and gals) in a few weeks!
    1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

My wife and I are coming...had a great time last year in spite of the rain that forced many of us to leave early. Got the car ladder bar'd with a good set of shocks f/r, lowered 3" and a new set of slicks...going to race Saturday at Thunder Valley in Noble for a dial in for BG. Looking forward to it!

Kent

Comment

Be there!

Comment

I'm trying to be but not sure if NHRA got my check. I mailed my NHRA membership and the Reunion entry on the same day. NHRA sent back an email and cashed the check. Reunion has not cashed the check and I called and talked to two people and never really got an answer. Hope I get it straight before June 1st deadline.
          Jim N.

Comment

I faxed my entry in a few days ago, so that gives me extra incentive to get my car back going (engine going in this weekend) and some testing before this event. Since they only go to NSS/F, I hope I pick up the extra 5 tenths with my upgrades.

Comment

Just faxed in Dallas an my registrations.

They kinda nickel and dime you with the motorhome $65 and golf cart $25

Comment

I faxed mine last week. Got an email conformation today....

Comment

Do you have to preregister for ths event or can you enter on site?

Comment

June 1 is the VERY LAST day to register. Fax your entry in TOMORROW! They will email you a conformation back in a few days.

http://www.nhra.net/2012/images/Muse... entryform.pdf
                    Last edited by FASTDIESEL; 05-28-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

I was told to preregister, and did

Comment

Yes you have to preregister. I always have. Yes, I called them earlier about the motorhome deal. I was thinking about it and I just didn't think it was fair for a person with a fully contained motorhome to pay. These guys drive in with a truck and trailer and sleep in it and use Dallas' showers and bathrooms and water. I bring and use all my own stuff and I have to pay and they get off free. I called but got nowhere with it.
                        JIm N.

Comment

Just another way for NHRA to rape the little guys. Wonder if they charge John Force extra for his RV? Doubt it.

We must like it, cause we keep coming back!

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Torquer View Post
                            Yes you have to preregister. I always have. Yes, I called them earlier about the motorhome deal. I was thinking about it and I just didn't think it was fair for a person with a fully contained motorhome to pay. These guys drive in with a truck and trailer and sleep in it and use Dallas' showers and bathrooms and water. I bring and use all my own stuff and I have to pay and they get off free. I called but got nowhere with it.JIm N.
                            I absolutely agree, this is not fair at all. I asked about that the first year we went, got no answer. Then they want to charge me for my 4 wheeler, the one I tow the car with. We will not be attending.

Comment

Many of the guys I know, don't pre-register their RV. One of the was questioned about it, and he said it was just a tow vehicle! They camp all weekend and never pay extra for pit vehicles or RV.

I don't pay for the pit vehicle either.

I've said it before, the Hot Rod Reunion is the ONLY reason NHRA gets any of my money. And they're pushing the limit of what I'll continue to pay for (them and NMCA).

Comment

Working...
                              X