Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live From Brandenton Thread

Live From Brandenton Thread

This is the official thread to come to and check on what's going on in NSS at the NMCa race in Brandenton this coming weekend. Post your photos, updates, experiences, etc.

So who all is going?

I just a few moments ago returned from a 7-day cruise -- so I haven't been on the Internet or spoken with Dallas -- but assuming that all is well, we should be leaving Wednesday morning and arriving late Thursday afternoon.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

GOOD LUCK to everyone going!!! We don't get to go to this one, having major surgery in a week so will be down for this race and Atlanta. Will see everyone at Nostalgia Spring Nationals. poppaj
    POPPAJ
    "WHOMPIN WEDGE"
    Koffel's Place 557cu.in. B-1
    John Holt Chassis

Comment

OK Dave. How bad did the diet suffer?
      1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Dave, very cool for those of us who can't attend. Next best thing to being there, thanks.

PoppaJ, will keep you in our thoughts, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

SC
        Steve Charette - NSS Newbie - NMCA NSS #7499
        '68 Plymouth Barracuda 499ci - motor in assembly
        '62 Plymouth Wagon 343hp 383 "Mr. Buttons" - in process
        '64 Plymouth 2drht Max Wedge clone - next up after wagon

Comment

Originally posted by FASTDIESEL View Post
          OK Dave. How bad did the diet suffer?
          I'm so pissed I can't stand it. I was good. 1 Jack Daniels a night instead of six, no overheating, no snacks, took the stairs (5+ decks often), and walked 3-miles (15 laps on deck 12) most days. I gained 4 pounds. I often gain ten on a cruise, but I really thought I had this one wired. Back to a hair over 300. The good thing is the last two races I was able to drop 5 pounds. I should be 30 pounds less than Indy/Houston when I get to Brandenton, but I was hoping for 50.

Comment

I've put about 5 back on. Motivation is severely lacking......
            1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Dallas tells me that everything I had on the list for him to do (he's employed as shop manager with me) was done and the cars are loaded up and we're ready to roll. I got my permit from Florida -- so we're a go with the Whale and the black Coronet. The only thing that was not accomplished was washing the rig -- as I understand Houston had shitty weather the whole trip I was gone.

Comment

Weather forcast is looking good

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...on+FL+USFL0047

We'll leave in the morning and drive to a Walmart just south of Tallahasse -- should arrive in Bradenton at about 3pm

Comment

Leaving in about an hour -- will hook up with Newcar Thug at Walmart in Lake City at about midnight for the last leg tomorrow.

899 miles today, 250 miles tomorrow

See y'all there.

Comment

B-Man and I are pulling out at 10AM!

Comment

New car thug just texted me that he's had a blowout on the trailer.A reminder to check air pressures before heading out. I'm sure he did, but we stopped having blowouts as soon as we replaced all tires every two years and checking the pressures before every trip. I hope I didn't just jinx myselfWe're on I-12 l I-55. 350 miles down, and another 500 to Lake City for the night.

Comment

We're about 130 miles into Florida, and have maybe three hours to Lake City. Puts us there at about 1am eastern. Doug the Thug is about the same distance in Georgia, so we ought to hit the Walmart at about the same time. He had to stop to buy a spare tire

Comment

You'll have fun. I finally decided about noon yesterday to stay home. I'm already regretting it but will have to be I guess. Of course I could be there by tomorrow night.
                          Jim N.

Comment

We got to Lake City at 1:30 local, and Doug was 5 minutes later. Got to bed at two, up before seven to shower and make a Walmart run. We're ready, waiting for Doug to finish his Walmart run.Should be at the track at 1-2pm

Comment

What a trip to Bradenton,FL. We blew a trailer tire, while putting on the spare I then got hit in the eye with the end of a extention cord...dont ask...then we get to the track and gogot t the motorhome stuck in a sandpit of sugarsand. O well then things got better. Got the Cuda thru tech and on its first pass of the year it went 10.25 at 131 mph. That felt good. We need to run 10.50 so I slowed the car down and went 10.51 at 127 mph. Time to cook out and hit the sack earlier. If you wondering about Barkley he has avoided all this drama and is enjoying Florida

Comment

Working...
                              X