Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• from Norwalk 2017

This is the Official "Live From Norwalk" thread

Post all things before, during and after The Norwalk race here.

Deb, Smith & Wesson and I left at 5am Tuesday, drove to Jackson, TN, left at 8am Wednesday and arrived here last night at 9pm.

Briefly saw Doug and Anne Duell and Brent Wheeler. Mike DiChicco was on track T&ting.

Gates open at 9am Eastern.

If you are here or know of another NSS racer here, please check in, and post any news during the race so those not here feel like they were.
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Without walking around much I have seen

Doug
    dave
    dechico
    jim netherland
    me
    ron tiller
    jan nicewanger
    skippy
    danny jones

Comment

Getting in Time trials in or i the rain causing delays? (I'm off on vacation this weekend since my wife had pneumonia last time we tried to go - gotta do what ya gotta do)

Comment

Hoping to be there about 8am Friday

Comment

a little stroll through the NSS pits to let you know who's here as of this morning.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

NMCA schedule for today. I smacked my head on lift at noon yesterday and tried to fight through a killer headache all day. Still have a headache today but no where as bad. Big thanks to Doug Duell and Mike DeChicco for doing the lion's share of fixing my carbs. I wasted my only T&T this morning by going straight to second gear on launch. Have no idea how I did it on ratchet shifter, but I assume it had to be me. I was still working on a bad headache and must have lost concentration.
            There was all kinds of white calcified crap in my carbs and two of eight jets were were badly restricted. After that was fixed my idle was all over the map. Turns out to have been leaky carb to intake gasket. This is the slow motor and it sat for over a year. I assume that's where scumotes came from. We drained fuel cell and popped filter and it was clean.

21078789_268844833611894_7979622350862518964_n.jpg

Comment

Ok, they screwed up on the schedule for ProThug and so we got another hit - which I needed.

Must be a week of drama, as my starter wouldn't turn over but every thing else is on and fuse was good. I wiggled the 00 Gauge wire as it was only one I could reach - and the car started. I run to staging lanes and shut car off. Again wouldn't start and wiggling cable in front didn't work. 00Joe tightened positive on one battery and it started. I run a pair of 16v so that didn't make sense.

I did run a 10.95, so I'm back in business. Carbs need a rebuild bad, but I can get through weekend.

In my pit tried the starter a dozen times and worked. I put the car on stands and pulled the starter wrap off (there's not enough left for burial rites) and tried to feel for wires, and all feel tight - but can't really get to them with my fat hands and the 2.25" TTI headers on. I'm thinking that maybe its the neutral safety or starter relay - but I left all tubs of spare parts at shop. I need to hope I'm good through week. I've got a trigger starter I'll throw in the car in case relay.

Comment

from memory, which is horrible after smacking head on lift

Doug
                dave
                dechico
                jim netherland
                me
                ron tiller
                jan nicewanger
                skippy
                danny jones
                Jim Guy
                Gary Beamer
                Tiger Tempest
                That black AA/FX Thunderbolt
                Brian Merrick
                Doug with Brown Plymouth (brain fart as I know his last name and it isn't coming to me)
                The Texas Chicken Farmer
                I know there's more, but this headache is screwing me up

Comment

after first Qualifying

Frankly my car's all over the map with carb issues
                  Attached Files

Comment

I was too fast this morning. Car kinda all over the map. Day three of a headache, must be affecting my RT as last two have been red. Last Qualifying scheduled for 2:30.
                    21055056_1531248696920964_8090711716423199994_o.jpg

Comment

After Q2
                      21078776_10212263240514081_3977760288054210791_n.jpg

Comment

hippie...NO pictures?? superstock modeler

Comment

OK

Here's after Third Round and the ladder

Comment

Jim Guy and I. I took the Stripe in a close one.

Comment

So after my loss, put my ail between my legs. loaded up and left. This was a vacation with my wife and were now visiting her family in Buffalo, NY.

But here's second round matchups

3rd round matchups

Mike DeChicco
                              Poskevich
                              Neumeyer
                              Frank Nadvit III
                              Casey Fauss-Johnson
                              D Wright

and the Semis from Norwalk

Mike DeChicco
                              Rick Newmeyer
                              Douglas Wright
                              Bye

Comment

Working...
                              X