Live from San Antonio (SHRA)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from San Antonio (SHRA)

Tonight was Test and Tune, while tomorrow is two qualifying and eliminations.

There are aboit a dozen NSS cars here so far, with a couple more coming n the morning.

The Houston Contingency (Damon, Doug Watkins, GT Dave and myself convoyed; as did about Five of the Tyler Contingency. Randy Stansbury from the Coonass State also is here.

I made two hits. The first the car wouldn't go over 5500RPM so I nursed it back to my pit, where I found the distributor hold down had loosen and timing was at 0 total. My second pass was after about 200 Mustangs, Vettes, Vipers, GTR, and the like on ßtreet tires greased up the track. I did a 7.01 1/8 (tomorrow is and 1/8 mile event) and 10.9999 1/4 skating all over the lane. No street tire cars tomorrow and track should be prepped.

I either have a loose battery or starter wire or my starter is crapping out. I'll know in morning when I put the car on stands and dive under it.
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Good luck to everyone, especially you, Dave! YOU'RE DUE!! Betty & I are spending the week with our oldest granddaughter on the beach in Gulfshores before she goes to France for the summer. Haven't seen her in 9 months, that's WAY TOO LONG!! See you next race.....

Comment

We had NSS meeting at 2:30 and SHRA driver's meeting at three.

1st round qualifying at 5, and the second (last) round at 6:45.

10 NSS cars are here

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Comment

So I run a 7.049 on 7.05 Index. Threw 37 pounds in and ran a 7.046.

I run Doug Watkins in first round.
          Vic running Damon
          GTS Dave running ?
          Ronnie running Gary Powers

Comment

First Round Winners
            Me against Doug Watkins
            Vic Against Fugly
            Ronnie I think against Stansbury
            Black 65 Plymouth GTS Dave
            and can't remember fifth pair

Second Round

Vic Bye
            My 7.056 on 7.05 index against the Black 65 wasn't good enough because of amy.090 light (I suck at night)
            and Ronnie won his

Third Round
            Ronnîe Bye
            Black 65 won against Vic

Final had black 65 winning when Ronnîe Red Lit

Comment

First round eliminations winners:
              Ronnie Smith
              James Durham
              Garry Durham
              Dave Shultz
              Vic Corlett

here are the winners I forgot

Comment

and the winner

Comment

Working...
                X