Live from Thunder Valley - Norman, OK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from Thunder Valley - Norman, OK

Got the old 440 Max Wedge in the Vitamin C, Loaded up, and Meet GTS Dave, Trannyman, and Damon at Flying J in hour to convoy to Oklahoma. This is the thread for updates.

Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Well, keep us posted Dave, those of us that wish we were there, but we are not.

Comment

We left at 8:30 and drove the 450 miles, arriving at the track at 5pm.

I blew the transmission on second pass, Loaded up, and left the track at 10:30Pm. I got back home at 6am. More on my blog.

I've been texting Doug Watkins, and got the ladder.

In Round One, Doug, Kent, Ronnie and Gary Advance -

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Doug and Ronnie in finals, and Ronnie wins

Comment

My Race Recap....
          There were 11 of us Friday Night/Saturday Morning, By Qualifying time we were down to 8. Old Hippie was out along with Tony Smith and a New Comer with a nice Barracuda. Old Hippie and the Barracuda lost transmissions and Tony Smith was in a loaner car that radial tubes in the slicks. He had a flat and didn't feel safe getting it fixed.

After Qualifying, Vic Corlett in the "ThunderStruck" Dodge had the #1 qualifier followed by Ronnie "LunchBox", Kent "Doc" Morris, and Dave Ardoin rounded out the top half of the ladder in The "Swamp Critter".
          I Qualified 5th In Maliblue, followed by Damon Kuhn in "Fugly", with Lonnie Hendry (7th) and Gary Durham "I am too fast for my index" ending up in 8th.

Round One had Myself, Doc, LunchBox and Gary advance.
          Round Two Paired up Ronnie Smith Vs Kent Morris, And Doug Watkins Vs Gary Durham. Ronnie Smith and I advanced. I can't tell you what happened between Ronnie Vs Kent, but I was lucky catching Gary taking a nap on the starting line.
          The Finals were Ronnie Smith VS Doug Watkins with Ronnie Smith winning his second consecutive race. My .001 light just wasn't good enough as my car couldn't get close to it's index that day. Ronnie had a .038 package to my .048.

All in All, it was another Great SHRA event! No SHRA cars caused any racing delays although they did have one Altered oil down the shut down area which the crew at Thunder Valley Raceway cleaned up quickly. This race was a little further drive for us, but I really enjoy these one day races where you can "get in and get out" without tying up days sitting around waiting to qualify and race.

Looking forward to our next event in Denton Texas on May 5th. The SHRA will have all classes attend, Including NSS, Three Front Engine Dragster Classes and this time and Old School Bracket Race. Hope to keep building our class and get new racers to join SHRA.

Comment

Working...
          X