Live From Memphis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live From Memphis

The Racing Season Starts with a NSS/NMC race in Memphis on March 4th and 5th, and this is the Official Live At Discussion - where all information before, during and after the race happen.

I'll be loading up both the Whale and the Vitamin C and heading to this race, then I'll go directly to Bradenton. Doug Duell has moder issues with his wagon that most likely won't be resolved by then, so he intends to also be at that event to race one of my cars - so he has a handle on it for Bradenton.

I don't know a lot about this race, so if you do, fill us in.

Copy and paste the below, adding your name if you'll be racing at it.
    1. Dave Schultz
    2. Doug Duell
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

**SEE UPDATE ON FRIDAY TESTING, SUNDAY QUALIFYING**

Memphis Combo Race info, great chance to get dialed-in for Bradenton!

Thursday 3/2 -Test-n-tune 6-10 PM. $25.00 race/$10.00 spectate. FREE OVERNIGHT PARKING/CAMPING nightly.
    Friday 3/3 - Bracket racing only. No Combo race. Track Mgr. (Dom Blasco) said they will work in test runs.
    Saturday 3/4 - Gates open at 8. Time trials start at 10, then one qualifying round, race to follow.
    Sunday 3/5 - Gates open at 8. Church service at 9. Time trials start at 10, then one qualifying round, race to follow.
    (Note: During the last two-day race, there was ONLY 1 SUNDAY QUALIFIER, so be ready to race Sunday!)

Combo race is open to all:
    -Nostalgia Super Stock (ALL Series. NMCA, Victory, SHRA, 442, NSS Inc., Mid-West, etc)
    -NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Cars (must have an NMCA number).
    -IHRA/NHRA Stock and Super Stock Cars (must be able to run the index or under).

$75.00 entry fee each day (buy one day or two. Race Saturday OR Sunday OR both).
    Graduated payout based on car count ($1,500.00 to win, based on 33 cars).

All cars must run their index. Dial unders allowed in ALL classes. Basically a dial in race, but S/SS cars must run their index or quicker (keeps street cars out!). All cars must meet their respective class requirements.

It's 1/4 mile. Track will be fully prepped.

If you want a hotel, I can get you a good rate in Millington at Holiday Inn Millington (10 minutes from track). If there is more interest, let me know and I'll get us a promotional code.

If you need a hand, there will be plenty of us there to help. Don't be bashful, just ask!

Tech is done in the staging lanes, on the way to the first time trial (easy and fast). Combo class is usually the last in the run order, so we will have plenty of time.

In NSS, carbs are not a specific tech item (what ever is legal in your series will be legal at this race). That being said, no Dominators , EFI or anything else really crazy!

No trans brakes in NSS. Note: There will be IHRA/NHRA Super Stockers that will use transbrakes.

Nostalgia Muscle Car - Must be a legal NMCA vehicle, with a NMCA number.

I have a previous commitment this weekend. Gabe will be there running the Tennessee Flash. See Gabe if you have any questions. Most of the Local NSS racers will be there.

See flyer at racemir.com.

1. Dave Schultz
    2. Doug Duell
    3. Bobby Hill
    4. Neil Broyles
    5. Mitch Reed
    6. Matt Reed
    7. Carla Nanny
    8. John Garner
    9. Ed Becker
    10. Jeff Kauerz
    11. Russ Kauerz
    12. Don Cossey
    13. Gabe Ray
    Last edited by FASTDIESEL; 02-23-2017, 07:11 PM.
    1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

I am working on a list right now of locals that will be there. As soon as I have it, I will add all the names.

I'll be around the whole weekend if anyone needs a parts run or more importantly a beer run. There is a new BWW in Millington 4 miles from the track and I can shuttle a crew. Feel free to reach out!

Comment

Doug won't be there, but I still plan to be there, if the forecast continues to look good. I'm still working late finishing cars yp to,load Thursday and leave Friday early. Hoping to pit Friday night, but not do anytime trials. If someone gets there before me, say a spot for a long rig. Text me at 713-899-7704.

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

TIME CHANGE

Due to the chill, Thursday Test-N-Tune has been cancelled. Parking starts Fri. Noon - 8:00 pm. Racing as scheduled Sat. and Sun.
          Last edited by FASTDIESEL; 03-01-2017, 10:34 PM.

Comment

I loaded up the Vitamin C yesterday, and cleaning and loading up Whale today. While Loading the Vitamin C, the right front looked toed out. I can't race it like that but bringing it on the outside chance that someone with more knowledge than me on this, and some kind of measuring device can give me a hand with adjusting at the track.

Gonna try to leave at 6am to be there before 8PM. Save me a long pit.

Comment

Up at 5AM, left at 6AM, at track at 5PM (653 miles) and pits set up at 6PM.

Comment

NSS racer, Mitch Reed won Saturday's Combo race. Runner-up was former NSS racer (currently running NMC), Steve Wilson. An all Nostalgia final.

Weather won Sunday's race!

Comment

Working...
                X