Live from the Dave Duell Classic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from the Dave Duell Classic

ok this is the official Thread for all things before, during, and after the 2014 Dave Duell Classic.

Post your questions, comments, and criticisms - along with updates during the race in this thread.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Dallas and I will be leaving early Wednesday morning May 21st and driving to a truck parking area on I-55 north of the Arkansas border, or the Walmart in Sikeston if we need to make a Walmart run.

Still need to stab two engines in the cars, and take to the track for testing; plus replacing the brakes on all six wheels of the stacker; plus a couple minor motorhome repairs. Waiting on a custom oil pan from Charlie's. Plans are for me to race the Vitamin C and Dallas the Coronet - but the Vitamin C is ready if one of them isn't.

if you have not per registered yet, do so at www.daveduellclassic.com so parking can be planned. No money collected in preregistration.

Comment

Best Reaction Time trophy by NSSRacing.com to be awarded to the NSS Racer with the best Reaction Time in Saturday's Class Eliminations. Bring your Time Slips from Class Eliminations to the Drivers Dinner, where the award will be presented.

Comment

I am looking forward to it. I have never been able to make it in the past due to scheduling conflicts. I suppose we will head out Wednesday morning the 21st as well.

Comment

Event Info Event Info Event Info Event Info Event Info Event Info
          Event Info Event Info Event Info Event Info
          NMCA Muscle Car Nationals is Ready to Ignite Gateway Motorsports Park May 23-25!

In just a few weeks the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals will be speeding into Madison, IL (just outside of St. Louis) to burn some serious rubber! This inaugural event will feature the WORLD'S FASTEST STREET CARS competing in 250+ mph heads up racing, the Dave Duell Nostalgia Super Stock Classic and the NMCA car show!

Race fans and speed demons get ready! The NMCA Muscle Car Nationals continue with the Inaugural Quick Fuel Technology NMCA Muscle Car Nationals. This event features the one-of-a-kind Dave Duell Nostalgia Super Stock Classic and, as always, the world's fastest street cars!

Mark your calendars and prep your cars, this event takes place over the weekend of May 23-25, 2014. This awesome event will bring the stars of the NMCA to Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Illinois less than half an hour outside of St. Louis. Join NMCA for a Support Our Troops Memorial Day celebration wheels-up style on the 1/4 mile! In support of our troops, all active military personnel get free admission. For your free entry, a valid active military identification card must be presented at the gate.
          In addition to all of the action that will take place on the quarter-mile, the NMCA will have a world-class car show. This car show will be giving many different awards each day. Got a ’49 Ford pickup with a blown 351? Or a ’66 GTO restored to 100-point concours quality? No matter what your flavor is, there’s a place for you in the car show and a shot at the Best In Show award. There’s something for everyone at the NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals – make your plans to attend now!

If you're looking to do some shopping for the classic you're taking out of the garage for the summer our swap meet and manufacturers midway is bound to have something you can use! You'll come across hard to find parts you never thought you'd see when you browse the swap meet, and great deals on the new performance parts at our manufacturers midway. Come see for yourself!

One of the largest Nostalgia Super Stock races in the country will be returning to Gateway Motorsports Park (Madison, IL) just outside of St. Louis, MO, the weekend of May 23-25, 2014, as a part of the Quick Fuel Technology NMCA Muscle Car Nationals. After announcing that the NMCA Flowmaster series would return to Gateway in 2014, the NMCA and Doug Duell(Dave’s son) announced that the Dave Duell Classic would return to its longtime home.

Duell and fellow racers organized the Dave Duell Classic eight years ago as a tribute to his father, Dave Duell, who was an instrumental racer and ambassador to the Nostalgia Super Stock movement across the country. The Classic is open to all

brands of vehicles, and has continued to grow each year. ATI Performance Nostalgia Super Stock competitors will be parked together and will all be invited to a special Saturday evening BBQ.

The winner of the Classic will roll out of town with a stout $4,000 payday, an NHRA Unleashed Wally courtesy of Aerospace Components, and additional big money from the NMCA contingency program. The entry fee is $150 for 4-days or $105 for 3-days, which includes a ticket to the BBQ being held Saturday night and a free t-shirt. There will be four qualifying runs, two on Friday and one Saturday morning. The final qualifying run Saturday afternoon will also serve as the first round of class eliminations.

Comment

Pans back on bearings look good. Finished freshening the trans last night. Testing next Friday,racing at Milan Saturday, 131 on Sunday. If It hasn't blown up Debby and I will leave for the 9 hour ride Thursday after work.
            Doug

Comment

engine in, about three hours more work before firing up. Need to take to track next week to see if I'm bringing it or the Vitamin C.

Oil pan to Dallas' car should be here Monday, then stab it in.

Comment

Quick Fuel is donating a $200 gift certificate for our Saturday night dinner at the DDC.

Comment

This time next week I figure we'll be at the Arkansas/Missouri border.

It looks like I'll be in the Vitamin C. The engine is in my wagon and ready to fire up, but the #7 and #2 header tubes are on the torsion bars. The engine and transmission in this car have always been the most difficult of the cars to install, but the last two times have gotten progressively harder. Dallas swears that the car has twisted some. We stopped work on it because...

The Coronet still doesn't have an engine or transmission in it. The Charlie's oil pan just came in yesterday and had to have a couple holes drilled larger. It is on the motor now and in the morning oil added and the pump spun to make sure it doesn't leak. The design is a little different this time than the other one. It looks to be better, but the cross link hole looks like it might be close. The hope is to take it to a track on Friday to test it.

My wife leaves early in the am to visit the outlaws, so I'll be playing Mr. Mom to my 15-year-old daughter and three dogs. Her school is 30 miles away and I have to cart her to a party 40 miles away Saturday at 7:00 and pick her up at 10 - after Dallas and I get back from Louisiana to approve the taping for the second color of the Texas Thug. Sunday I need to mow 5 acres; Monday go to Houston for my permanent crown; Tuesday load up the rig, get it washed and full of groceries, and on the road Wednesday 6am.

i'll need to arrange to bring the wagon to Matt for him to determine what it takes to make the car right, modify headers, and put the drivetrain at the right pitch/angle with a better mounting system. Hopefully in time for Joliet.

I really hope to get the Thug back soon, as original plans were for it to be back January 4th. It will still need 150 hours to reassemble and take to test. All of this at the same time I need to get the new shop whipped into shape so we can move in, and Dallas and I taking a week off in June for a motorcycle trip through the Ozarks. No rest for the weary.

Comment

This years sticker for the DDC. Every NSS racer get 2 of these!

Comment

This is Carla, Gary Beemer's wife. As Gary was preparing and looking forward to this upcoming race, he unfortunately had a serious life threatening heart attack last night. He is now stable but will be monitored closely for about 3 days which within that time is the most chance of having a complication. His cardiologist came in this morning and ask how he was doing, and Gary's reply was " I have a race to go to next weekend in St. Louis, will I be up to that?" The doctor just looked at him not really knowing what to say then replied, hummm I don't think so this time. So you know where Gary's mind was, maybe he figured that they brought me back for something, lol. He will be home and following this race thru here so good luck to all and keep posting especially at the race, it will be the best medicine for him.

Comment

Carla tell gary I will be thinking of him.please keep us posted.steClick image for larger version

Name:	202780_4005089559687_289018010_o.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	24811ve heill

Comment

OK, Gary.....Time for Gary, not Pontiacs and NSS Racing. Take care of Gary, and listen to the Dr. and Carla for a while.

In our prayers. Get well!
                          1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Man I hate to hear that about Gary. I sure hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Comment

Cleaned up, tuned up and ready to load up to the DDC next weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X