Live from Bradenton 2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from Bradenton 2014

I was curious who all was going to Bradenton this year and remembered it was about time for the live from threads.

We will be there with the silver car. Pop wasn't healed up enough from knee replacement to get the wagon tested to his liking yet. We should have them both at Atlanta hopefully

I was fixin to start one tonight -- but since you got it started -- I'll just rename the title so it is the official one.

We'll be there -- I'll report on my situation later
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Dave, You have a "situation"? No way!

No go on Bradenton. You guys have fun! Don't make donations to FL government via the State Police! Be safe.

I'm still planning on Commerce.
      1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Damn I'm glad you reminded me about the FLDOT -- I haven't applied for my permit yet

Comment

Ok Florida changed their whole application process and web site, so after I register, sign in, change my password, setup my personal profile, setup my vehicle profile, then apply for a permit - I get a message saying I don't need a permit. The last four years I've needed one. I printed the message to take along.

i guess I need to see if I can find the law and see if the total vehicle length is the motorhome or motorhome and trailer
          Attached Files

Comment

Alright I screwed up twice, I misread mobile home for motorhome and the total was for the combination not just the motorhome.

it was $20

if you have a motorhome and trailer, or your trailer is longer than 28' from tip to tail then you need to get your application in right now as you can't apply at the state birder and the fines are crazy.

https://gis.dot.state.fl.us/PermitAp...Home.aspx/Base

Comment

The DragnWagn will be there!

Comment

So it looks like:

1. Dave ( depending on your situation )
                2. Dallas
                3. Doug
                4. Barry
                5. Me

Has anybody talked to D.W. or Randy Stansbury? Or any others for that matter...

Comment

Randy will be there
                  Sanders will be there

Comment

We're scrambling to get my car together. I've missed three T&T sessions I'd planned so far -- and trying again for tomorrow night in San Antonio.

When the engine blew up -- so did my trans. Dallas moved most of the parts over the one that blew to a new case, and went from 5 clutches to 6 in the billet drum. We put it in the car and it don't sound right when going through the gears. Pulled it out and put in the spare (built by a former friend) we've been carrying around for a couple of years.

Took it down the driveway and had no reverse. Dallas called John Cope (CRT) and he said that it was most likely the valvebody if it didn't have reverse or it slipped. Tested again and it had third and it didn't slip. Called again and he said to take it to about 25-35 in first and lift to see if the trans slows the car down. Did that and the car didn't slow down -- so the Low band wasn't being applied.

Pulled the transmission and tore it down and the low band is way too big for the drum. Don't know what it goes to -- but it ain't a 727. Have no idea why this guy would have let that slip by.

Anyway, Dallas tore the other trans apart (not finding any problem), grabbed the red band out of it, and went through the entire transmission by the book -- double and triple checking everything. He'll put it in the car today while I take the rig to get serviced and washed. Hopefully we'll get it to the track and make a couple blasts down to ensure the new engine, converter, trans, and brakes hold together.

Comment

DeChicco is going

Comment

John Cope is good people.
                        He has been real good to us and helped get us going on a tight schedule.

Comment

Barry said D.W. was coming.

9 so far

Comment

1. Barry
                            2. DW
                            3. Duell
                            4. DiChico
                            5. Dave
                            6. Dallas
                            7. Randy
                            8. Brent
                            9. Sanders

what about Barry's friend with the Brown 64 Chevy?

i would expect Poskevich and Young will be there as this is their home track. Also Jake II with the black 65 Coronet has been to 3 of last 4. I'm going to guess we will have 12-14 in the class.

Were scrambling to get the wagon ready, but one problem after another is popping up on the transmissions. Got oats on order, but time to test is quickly running out on me and I've got this weird feeling that I might be in an orange car instead of a red one.

Comment

Jiffy Lube and the car wash

$793 for oil change, 2 oil filters, lube, drain and replace with synthetic all gear oil in transmission/front diff/rear diff with synthetic, diesel filter, air filter, cabin filter, air drier filter, coolant filter, and I'm sure a few filters I forgot. 100,000 Service. I should be good to go until 200,000 miles except 20,000 mile oil changes and fuel filters.

This is what you do if you don't have the ambition to learn anything in school and/or you're here illegally.

Rig is ready to go to Bradenton after we repack the trailer bearings adjust rear brakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X