Live From Indy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live From Indy

After two years of congestion at Indy, we'll be changing up the parking situation. Here's how the new deal will work:
    East side of Track will be:
    NMCA Heads up and Index classes, and all LSX classes. For those of you who are directionally challenged, this is the same side you've been parking the past two years.

West side of track will be:
    True Street, Super Pro(Bracket 1), Pro(Bracket 2), and Sportsman(Bracket 3)..

I'm betting it might be a little lighter than normal with the Southern guys being the points championship has been decided -- but who's going to be there?

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Be there

Comment

Planning on it.
      1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

The one and lonely Pontiac plans on being there.

Comment

Probably I no go for us... that darn lifter broke again...

Casey

Comment

We will be there .

Comment

Originally posted by whompin_wedge View Post
              Probably I no go for us... that darn lifter broke again...

Casey
              what broke on the lifter? just curious if it's like mine. cam ok?

Comment

We don't have it apart yet, but from what I can see the roller/ pin came apart, tore up the cam, pushrods,and adjusters. The bad part is the lifters have only 20-30 passes on them. So I don't really know what happened, but it is coming all apart for a freshen.

Casey

Comment

What brand of lifters?

Comment

Comp. Never again.... Heard too many horror stories..

Casey

Comment

Pending a test outing this Sunday, this will be our first NMCA race.

Comment

I have at least 100 passes on my comp cam and lifters and this is the 5 th roller cam from comp in 10 years. Indy cylinder head got me started with comp and i have been very happy with thier products. Only one cam bought the farm after a rod decided to come apart and screwed the cam up but I replaced the cam with the same #'s plus a lot of other parts!!

Comment

Originally posted by whompin_wedge View Post
                          Comp. Never again.... Heard too many horror stories..

Casey
                          Casey,sorry to hear it. I ran comps in my last engine and the current one. 75 passes, lash stays consistent. Cam has .800 lift. Was it the same hole? lash?
                          Doug

Comment

Is it the same position and failure mode as earlier this year? Sounds way too coincidental .....
                            1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Nope different hole. I am not positive on the lash.

The only thing we gave figure is that we just redid the heads as the spring pressure was real low and bent two valves. The same hole with the bent valves had the hurt lifter. I am guessing that came into play here and the weak springs caused a lot of strain to the lifters, bouncing around and what not. Thats my theory and I am sticking to it!

We had comps in it before and put over 100 passes on them until they broke. Just after all we had heard we will probably go a different route. We will see...

Casey

Comment

Working...
                              X