X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who won SHRA Oklahoma?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know

Who was there and who won?

I really wanted to be there, but I'm at mercy of transmission and Oil Pan repair guys
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Recap Of Race:
    8 NSS Cars
    Dave Ardoin #1 Qualifier with a 6.41 on a 6.41 Index,
    Round 1 Had Vic Corlett Vs Tony Smith(the Breeze), James Durham Vs Dave Ardoin(GTS Dave), Damon Kuhn(Fugly) Vs Kent Morris (Doc) , And Ronnie Smith (LunchBox) Vs Myself.
    Vic, Damon, James, and Myself advance.
    Round 2 had Vic Vs Damon, James Vs Myslef
    Finals was Vic vs Myself with Vic being VICtorious.

The Track had 6 classes running They had SHRA NE1, NE2, and NE3 , SHRA NSS, they Tracks own Old School Bracket class and 12 Top Outlaw dragsters. It was a very well run race with only one breakage from the Top Outlaw guys, which was cleaned in 20 minutes. Weather was nice for a South Texas guy but the Air was horrible. I think GTS Dave was the only car even close to their dial. It got better as the sun set but most cars were struggling to hit their number.

It was a long haul but well worth it. We get a little break and then our Next race is August 13th in Ardmore Oklahoma and then I believe we have a race every other Saturday till we finish out the Season Oct 1st.

With any luck the class will keep building. We had several people interested in the NSS series this weekend with one guy even racing a Chevrolet.

As a side note. SHRA seems to be really gaining some momentum. We have 10 NSS Members but the SHRA itself has 101 Members running in the point series.
    Last edited by DWatkins; 07-17-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Great bunch of guys (wives) to race with, everyone helping each other. Lots of bantering, ribbing.....Damon's back, total RIOT. Tony Smith and his group from Tyler area always cook some awesome meals!! Ardmore race will be a good one with a super nice facility that includes new restrooms/showers. Owners are fellow SHRA racers and have spent some big $$ to improve the track and always attracts big name racers coming thru for testing. The area has many first class hotels and restaurants. Hope to see you there, Dave.

Comment

Hoping my car ready for next race

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

I had a blast. Still have more work to do on the car. Work is kicking my tail lately and I have had no time to get anything done on the car. I have a whole list of stuff to get done and need to get cracking on it ASAP.

-Dave

Comment

Transmission finally finished (Dallas rebuilt) on Vitamin C. I need to wipe down with paint prep, spray with paint adhesion promoter, paint, remove stock pan for painting and replace with deep pan and studs. Dallas will help me install on Sunday. Hopefully ready to race soon.

On the Whale, I'm still waiting for the oil pan from Charlie's, and need to pull trans pump to inspect for cracks.

I have a few modifications to make to Whale (second 16v battery and better bolt in weight mounting system.

Comment

Working...
            X