• Show
Clear All

• If you could change one rule

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	28200

Since racers are seldom polled on rule changes or non changes, I'll ask here.

If you could change, remove or add just one rule in the NSS organization that you run in, what would it be. Why would that change benefit NSS?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

TruSTART

Not just for NSS, but all index/ bracket classes. It just makes sense.

Comment

• beemergary
      beemergary commented
      Editing a comment
      This would have made more sense than the last .25 index change. Good point longram60

• longram60
      longram60 commented
      Editing a comment
      I favor the .25 second index change. Would have helped me in Indy.

Originally posted by longram60 View Post
    TruSTART

Not just for NSS, but all index/ bracket classes. It just makes sense.

I agree, have ran a few races this past summer where it was in effect it had no bearing on how we stage or race..... Unless you're a fast car and hoping your slower opponent red lights. I like True Start !!

Comment

I bet if you took a poll on that you have all Faster than 10 seconds wanting to keep it the way it is and all slower wanting to change. You perspective depends on your index.

Comment

as usual I was treed. true start

Comment

I'd like to see the rules on weight actually spelled out to avoid confusion

http://www.nssracing.com/forums/foru...se-on-nss-cars

Comment

You will get your wish on that.
            I asked Lonnie and Rollie at PRI to post it somewhere. They said it will be posted.
            2 boxes
            100 lbs each including the weight of the box for a total of 200

For the record,. the NHRA tech guys still said 2 boxes for a total of 100lbs. NMCA is electing to go their own direction on this.

Comment

My rule change would be sealed ignitions. They must get a date coded seal put on them at tech that are then spot checked in the lanes.
              I am not a fan of some of the boxes and laptops getting connected to them. It happened this year at Chicago and stirred up a hornets nest. I don't mind them using the ignitions. Just don't allow them to be altered at the track. That was happening at Chicago.

Comment

Link to NMCA clarification in this forum

It was pretty much what I said the NHRA Rules said

To NSS That Means

No more than two properly constructed (1/8" thick metal) weight boxes weighing no more than 100 pounds INCLUDING THE WEIGHT OF THE BOX
                You can have up to 100 pounds of REMOVABLE weight properly bolted to frame with 1/2" two grade 8 bolts
                You can have no more than 500 pounds TOTAL of ballast - IE: if you have two 100# boxes plus100# removable, you can have another 200# non-removable (like nuts welded) attached to frame

Pass it on as you know there will be plenty inspections

Comment

Greetings all, this is my first post, I have been lurking and learning for some time waiting for the day I would be able to come out and play with yíall.
                  That time is here and I have a question about how strict the rules are for years of cars, the rules state that to run a Hemi dart it needs to be a 68,,,,,I have found I what looks like a sweet 69 Hemi Dart that I donít think I can resist. If I show up with that car can I run B/FX ?
                  Thanks,
                  Mike

Comment

My 2017 rules and regs reads Dart/Barracuda: 1967-69; 383-440 Dart/Barracuda:1968; 426 Hemi Full bodied cutoff is 1967 I am in the dark mostly and things change.

Comment

Originally posted by mcjarv View Post
                      Greetings all, this is my first post, I have been lurking and learning for some time waiting for the day I would be able to come out and play with yíall.
                      That time is here and I have a question about how strict the rules are for years of cars, the rules state that to run a Hemi dart it needs to be a 68,,,,,I have found I what looks like a sweet 69 Hemi Dart that I donít think I can resist. If I show up with that car can I run B/FX ?
                      Thanks,
                      Mike
                      Change whatever trim differences are to 68 and call it a 68.

Comment

Do they check the vinís ?

Comment

Nope. Never had mine checked.

Comment

Working...
                          X