Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what changes to your car are you making over the Winter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what changes to your car are you making over the Winter?

For me, I'm scrambling to get the Thug Finished and tested fr NMCA by February, and an new engine built and installed in the Vitamin C for SHRA . Then I'll start tearing down the Whale to be rebuilt for 2020.

From my race diary

Got a little more work done on the Thug Wednesday.

The brakes on all four corners finished, just need to be bled.
    Four new Afco shocks and a pair of new springs.
    Most of front suspension on
    I was going to sell the 580ci/572-16 head engine because the 572 heads want so much RPMs, but I've decided to use it after all in the Thug as the machinist s taking a very long time to do my blocks.
    Ordered 30' of #10 AN hose, a new 5gal aluminum fuel cell, a pair of custom aluminum weight boxes, and trying to negotiate a fuel system from fuelab so I don't has to use the Aeromotive I use to have on the car

I hope to have the trunk looking like new and the fuel lines finished by Dec 10th, then get the motor and transmission in the car, then the new wiring, then the interior, and finally the the final trim assembly so I can get to the track in mid February to shake down.

Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Slapping on letter G over top my D class letter. I keep my car real nice but as a protest and not a fan of the .25 index change. I'll later do it right later.

Comment

Mine is at a chassis shop to replace a cracked ladder bar bracket and all hardware including the ladder bars. He will add two new bars to the cage and swap the rear shocks.

I have The block, crank, rods and pistons ordered to build another motor. I may start the season on the existing combo. It will just depend on delivery time on parts and my work schedule to see if I can build it in time to test.

Comment

Originally posted by 66coronet View Post
        Mine is at a chassis shop to replace a cracked ladder bar bracket and all hardware including the ladder bars. He will add two new bars to the cage and swap the rear shocks.

I have The block, crank, rods and pistons ordered to build another motor. I may start the season on the existing combo. It will just depend on delivery time on parts and my work schedule to see if I can build it in time to test.
        How often do you swap your shocks?
        Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
        Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

5 years on the shocks and 2 on the coil over springs.
          I make a ton of passes a year between NMCA races, Nostalgia races in the south and bracket racing in between.

Comment

I already installed my Victory aluminum driveshaft. My next change is to replace my stock gas tank with an aluminum fuel cell, 15 gallon capacity. This will have two benefits:
            1. Allow more precise control on how much gas is in the tank (for weight purposes ie ballast). At 15 gallons this allows for approximately 80# of removable ballast.
            2. With a rear sump pick-up, I'm not as likely to uncover the inlet during acceleration. This has happened a few times with my stock tank when I've had to pare weight to meet my index.

Comment

Working...
            X