Mr. Aruba had a heart attack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Aruba had a heart attack

I spoke with fellow Team Thug member Mike Dechicco this morning, after learning he had a heart attack last Thursday.

He was having neck pain in Atlanta and it got progressively worse when he got home, leading to chest pain. He went to hospital Thursday and an enzyme test showed he had a Heart Attack, and EKG showed 100% blockage. He had a metal stent put in and will be released tomorrow. He says he's feeling better but will have to take it easy for a month.

Here'e to wishing him a speedy recovery.
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Glad your feeling better and hope you get back to racing soon

Comment

Thanks for the update. Knew about the heart attack and expressed my joy in his survival. Always interested in hearing about the warnings signs. Never know whose life that knowledge can save - including your own!

Comment

glad everything worked out for you Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by akrondon View Post
          Thanks for the update. Knew about the heart attack and expressed my joy in his survival. Always interested in hearing about the warnings signs. Never know whose life that knowledge can save - including your own!
          Sounds like Mike may have remembered how I was stubborn (wifes a nurse) and waited to long and bit the dust. Got lucky and cpr brought me back and made it to surgery. First words Doc said-your one lucky man. Lot slower healing process when you do more damage. Go Mike

Comment

I talked to Mike yesterday and he's feeling pretty good. He's very lucky, probably had the heart attack a week before he went to the doctor. The doctor did an ekg and sent him to the hospital right away by squad.
            He was working on his car, changing the oil, therapy!

Comment

Working...
            X