Ever have one of those days?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever have one of those days?

so it s hot and in the mid nineties, and I'm an old man having problems in the heat

I'm trying to get Vitamin C ready to load up tomorrow, and I spent three hours adjusting torsion bars to equal the car - that was leaning hard right. There's a thread about the details of that.

Anyway, between adjustments I'd launch the car hard and brake hard to get everything to settle before measuring and adjusting again. During This process I the brakes were mushy and pulling hard left.

Before getting the car on Jackstands, my daughter comes to the shop because her check engine light was on again, although the car drove well. The last time the code was Large Evap Leak. This time it was Small,Evap,Leak. I ordered a new gas cap, and if that doesn't do it, I guess I'll be replacing rubber hoses under the car.

So I spend an hour on her car and go jacking up tje front on the car high to get on jack stands and my fat ass under to bleed brakes.

While Jacking, the jack wasn't moving on the floor as the car went higher, and my right arm is bad so I was looking away as I was jacking with left arm, when the jack slipped of K Frame and into my radiator. First time I've ever done that.

I took to a bud that welds aluminum, and he gave it Hell, but its too screwed up to save.

Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

But wait there's more!

So while I was thinking what I was going to do about a radiator n less than 24 hours, I get the car on jack stands, and twisted off off the bleeder on the first wheel

the brake fluid looks older than me

but wait there's more

I,tap an extractor is, and as I started to back it out, the threads of the bleeder were so frozen that it broke the Craftsman EZ Out!

Basically today sucked!

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.

Comment

Was the easy out made in China? Lots of those type of tools come from there now....and yeah, I've had plenty of days like that where nothing went right.

Comment

Craftsman

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hippie View Post
          But wait there's more!

So while I was thinking what I was going to do about a radiator n less than 24 hours, I get the car on jack stands, and twisted off off the bleeder on the first wheel

the brake fluid looks older than me

but wait there's more

I,tap an extractor is, and as I started to back it out, the threads of the bleeder were so frozen that it broke the Craftsman EZ Out!

Basically today sucked!
          what's that black thing in the picture with wrench and broken bleeder?
          you may not want that close when your having a bad day

Comment

It's a squirt gun. I take it out of my pocket when I'm rolling around under a car

Comment

Ordered four bleeders and got four boxes. Like a BB in a boxcar!

Comment

I bought this radiator for the Thug as I wanted it to have all the new shit since it's being restored. However the Thug's radiator was too wide to clear transmission cooler lines, radiator catch can and vacuum pump catch can. This radiator fits without relocating anything, so I took to buddy to weld on the brackets on my way home today.

Comment

We've all had these days. Better in the shop at home as to at the track after you have qualified. That way only family sees you cry. Dave

Comment

got the front rotors on, and gravity bled each sÓde an hour or so.

I was going to bleed rear brakes but bleeder all rounded off, where someone used pliers to bleed. I needed to get car out of shop so the kd can cdan the floor. I'm going to put back on stands next week to pull drums and see what else I need before i replace wheel cylinders.

Before I took car off stands Imhad a firm pedal, but it got squishy before I moved it, so it appears that I need to bleed fronts again.

Comment

Got the holes drilled for the Universal radiator, mounted, shopped in O'Reilly's back room for a bottom hose with the proper angle, trimmed it to fit, filled with distilled water and Royal Purple, and ordered electric fan mounting strips. I'll mount fan, bleed front brakes again, and rebuild back brakes when mounting stris arrive. Then to track to air out.

Comment

and now I need to figure out Plan B for The Whale, which has been on jackstands since early May.,Someone who I've bent over backwards helping was Plan A, but I'm tired of begging for his help and lacking appreciation for what I've done him - and figuring out Plan B.

Comment

Working...
                        X