Picked up the whale this morning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up the whale this morning

New engine, new headers, new shocks, new wheelie bars, new lean windshield, new suspension rod ends....

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Still a 9.75 Dave or did you step it up a bit, what size motor?? Just being nosy..

Comment

It is actually the motor I use to run in the red car. Damon freshened up and I swapped the 572 heads for 440-1 CNC/345, and went from straight 2.25" headers to 2.25/2.125 stepped headers. I think I had too much heads and headers for the lower rpm cam.

Have the engine pulled from the wagon on a stand, cleaned up, rockers backed off, wrapped - as a spare engine. It only has 100 passes on it and runs good.

hoping to run 9.50. Need to take it to the track in the next week and try the 31" tires vs the 33", play with shock settings, and wheelie bar height. Changed up a lot (too much) over the winter. I'm hopping to get to the track twice before Bradenton.

Comment

Originally posted by The Whale View Post
        went from straight 2.25" headers to 2.25/2.125 stepped headers. I think I had too much heads and headers for the lower rpm cam. .
        Are those TTI headers?
        I run the 2" to 2.125 TTI headers.

Comment

Nope, Matt Wright made them custom. No one makes race headers for a 60-62.

Comment

Working...
          X