Lickity Split is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lickity Split is done

Though I read here every week I haven't posted much. Just wanted to let you know my ride is finally complete. I'll be taking it to the Detroit Autorama in March. After that it's getting a beating. It's powered by a 572, 15-1,.800 roller,MCH -1. Push button 727,Dana. It's been a long time for me not running N/SS. I'm glad to be back. Looking to attend meets in MI,OH,KY,ILL. Assuming no breakage I'll be there.
    Doug

Doug,
    Looks real nice. Best of luck this season. Poppaj
    POPPAJ
    "WHOMPIN WEDGE"
    Koffel's Place 557cu.in. B-1
    John Holt Chassis

Comment

Lookin' slick!

Question, Did you have to put the snow chains on to get it out for pics?
      1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

X2 on looking good!

Comment

Beautiful car.

I'm a little confused with what's on the transmission tunnel and where the typewriter shifter is
          Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
          Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
          Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Nice job Doug. "HEYYYYYY BUDDDDDDDY" . Good to see some of the " Old Timers" back in. Your car to the auto rama, Kirby's car is on display on the rotisserie at Summits store. So we'll see both You, Kirby and "Doc". Now if we can get Jake and Kent "Hemi Express" back out, it'll be like old times with the NSCA.

Again, beautiful job Doug.

Jay

Comment

Clay is taking the AWB to the show also!

Comment

Originally posted by The Whale View Post
                Beautiful car.

I'm a little confused with what's on the transmission tunnel and where the typewriter shifter is
                Aren't all push button shifters on the right? Seriously I had to move the shifter for the cage bar going through the dash. The move was easy, the bezel was tougher. Anybody want to know how to make the buttons look like this? And the floor mount,here's the pic.
                Doug

Comment

Aren't all push button shifters on the right?
                  I don't think so. Mine is on the left.

Dennis
                  http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dennis-hays/61/9b0/9a

Comment

Originally posted by dvw View Post
                    Anybody want to know how to make the buttons look like this?
                    Yes, I need to do that. Did you cut & glue the ends?

Comment

Drill out the divots in the aluminum sleeves. Slide the sleeves off. Build this simple wood fixture. Cut the D and 1 buttons in half with a regular fine tooth hack saw. Lightly File the ends of the buttons. Apply liquid Plexiglass cement to the ends. Swap the D and 1 button faces. Slide the aluminum sleeves back over the buttons while wet to align them. Use an automatic center punch to make new divots in the sleeves to hold them on. The buttons will be approximately .060" shorter. The buttons will still light up like new.
                      Doug

Comment

Whow, thanks. I have some extra buttons, I'll have to try that.

Comment

Not one of those uglyassed63dodges?...........lol and again innovative.........(lemme call the tech departement)...gotta be against somebody's rules............

Good to see you back Doug

We hope to get our ole Ford out early this season and get back to a few races also.

I WONDER HOW THAT PLYMOUTH WOULD LOOK WITH FENDER SKIRTS?

Mark

Comment

I still have the picture of the 63 with skirts. For those of you who haven't raced with us, beware. We have a great time with everybody.
                            Doug

Comment

Working...
                            X