• Show
Clear All

• NMCA Championship Points Clarification

http://forums.nmcadigital.com/showth...05-2013-Points

In a nutshell
    • 4 of 6 races -- throw out 33.3% of the races TOO MUCH
    • 100 points per round except Indy
    • 150 points per round at Indy TOO MUCH
    • 100 points to make it to 4 of 6 races (100 bonus total)
    • 100 more points making it to 5 of 6 races (200 bonus total)
    • 100 more points making it to 6 of 6 races (300 bonus total)
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I like it, and we plan on running all of the races. The only thing I don't like are bonus points for raceses 5&6. In today's economy it is difficult for most racers to make all of the racess, the bonus points for all events turns it into a money contest. The best racer out there may not be able to aford 6 events. If you make 6 races you already have the advantage of throwing out your bad days. That is a tremendous advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by hustlin hoosier View Post
      I like it, and we plan on running all of the races. The only thing I don't like are bonus points for raceses 5&6. In today's economy it is difficult for most racers to make all of the racess, the bonus points for all events turns it into a money contest. The best racer out there may not be able to aford 6 events. If you make 6 races you already have the advantage of throwing out your bad days. That is a tremendous advantage.
      I agree. I had good success chasing points during my last go round of N/SS. One year in particular I won more rounds in the races I participated in that year than anyone. Then with bonus points a racer behind me tied for 2nd in the standings. Guess what the tie breaker was, most races attended. The racer that beat me for second never went past the 3rd round all year. Now a days I'm done chasing points, I'm going to chase wins instead.
      Doug

Comment

Working...
      X