Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preliminary Planning of my performance parts, Does anyone know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Wedgedave, Thanks for the reply. I have to plead stupid here,,,,,What is a Modman Indy look like? Is it the one that looks like an old Rat Roaster Manifold?

Comment

The mod-man is really a good intake, it is nothing but a short runnered tunnel ram with a real nice plenum that uses multiple tops. It is made by Indy and would be my choice.

Comment

Thanks for the enlightening Hoosier man. I was kinda thinkin that was it, but I have always heard it referred to as the Indy Ram. One guy on here mentioned that it works good on 500 ci and above. I like it, looks good, easy linkage to.
        Thanks again!

Comment

It is not an Indy ram, it is an Indy mod-Man.

Comment

The Indy ram and the modman are not the same. The Modman has the provision of 4 tops dual 4's-1- 4 barrel and 3- 2 barrels plus a blower top. The best manifold for the money and performance, new thinking on an old topic, how to make it go the quickest not the fastest !The linkage I use is the edelbrock and i think thats what most use.Simple and easy to set up.

Comment

Personally I use Ladder Bars. Cheap,simple,light. Haven't used the Mod Man intake. Looks interesting,cheaper that the alternatives. I have used factory Cross Ram and the Indy Cross Ram. Factory looks cool, but hard to run better than 10.25. Indy cross ram works well with-1, S/R, or Eddelbrocks. 500 stroker,12-1 or better, big flat tappet and Indy S/R, Manual valve body 727, good converter,4.10 Dana,ladder bars,GOOD SHOCKS. This will get you there at least cost. Lots of used pieces available. Ported heads,roller cams,light brakes,light parts are a bonus.
              Doug

Comment

Working...
              X