Wally for Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wally for Houston

Just talked with Charlie Harmon and Steve Wolcott and the Lone Star Houston race will have a Wally for NSS along with contingencies. This may be your last chance for a Wally from the NHRA/ NMCA partnership.

I will bring three or four of my cars.

Who will be coming?
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I'll be there for the Oklahoma delegation.

Kent M

Comment

Great Kent. Anyone else from up that way?

Comment

Barry told me that he and Dwnwill be there, and Clay told Slim they'd be there with the altered.

Comment

Barry and dw on the fence right now...

Comment

Figures. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut

Comment

We're going to race at the Holly Springs, Mississippi, S/SS/NMC/NSS Combo race that weekend. It's been posted on the NSS Schedule.

About 1000 + miles closer for us. Probably be the last race for us this year.....

Hope you guys in Texas have fun at your local race! Hope you have a big turn-out, and get treated right!
              1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Well, just got off the phone with Barry checking to make sure I got back....both of us had issues with getting down the track, his is front end, mine rear shocks I think.....says he is going to try to fix and get to Houston....

Comment

Is this race still on? Nothing on the Holly Springs web site about it.

Originally posted by FASTDIESEL View Post
                  We're going to race at the Holly Springs, Mississippi, S/SS/NMC/NSS Combo race that weekend. It's been posted on the NSS Schedule.

About 1000 + miles closer for us. Probably be the last race for us this year.....

Hope you guys in Texas have fun at your local race! Hope you have a big turn-out, and get treated right!

Comment

Damon = Good on Barry and DW

Al -- come to Houston if the Holly Springs deal doesn't work

Comment

Wish I had the vacation to do that.

Originally posted by The Whale View Post
                      Damon = Good on Barry and DW

Al -- come to Houston if the Holly Springs deal doesn't work

Comment

email sent to all of the NSS email addresses I have

NMCA Non-Point Race in Royal Purple Raceway in Baytown, Texas

November 9-11, 2012
                        Houston, Texas
                        Event Info
                        I spoke with Charlie Harmon and Steve Wolcott at the Nats in Indy, and they’ve agreed to run the NSS class, award a Wally, and have sponsor Contingencies at the upcoming Lone Star Shootout. While the notice is short — there is still time for most to make arrangements for their last shot at a Wally. The Weather is generally very good down here in early November, and last year’s had it sunny and 75 degrees. Please Post Here if you can make it.

Comment

Sorry the points chase didn't work out. The double points cost me two positions last year. They should do away with that. If you have done good all year let it stay that way. I'm not sure if I can make the Houston race due to lack of vacation time at work, but I'll study the situation.

Later,

Steve
                          Hoping Steve can make it

Comment

I got a call from Tony Smith (last years winner) and will be coming with two other NSS cars from Lufkin.

Iif anyone knows how to get ahold of Jerry Fergusion and his buddy with the red 63 that runner uped at the Motorplex, please let them know.

Comment

Barry Camp told Damon that he and DW will be here

Tony Smith told me he'd be here with two others

Clay is suppose to be here with the Altered

Steve might be here

The whale and Big Red Ram for sure

Going to take the Vitamin C to the track next Friday with the Demon to see if they're a go

I'll know about the back Coronet soon, I have a bunch else to deal with first

Damon in FuglyI haven't heard from anyone else saying for sure

I'm hoping to hear from Dago with his wagon, Jerry Fergusion and his bud with the red 63, maybe he yellow submarine and a few others from Fort Worth. I'm hoping some if the guys up there will get the word out.

Steve Wilson was a maybe

After I clear with NMCA about adding NMC, and agree to minor variances to the rules for a one time exemption, I'll post on the Texas Drag Racing page on Facebook, and the NMCA forum.

If anyone else knows something I don't, please post it.

Comment

Working...
                              X