Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSS Racing Engine Builders - Who Built Yours?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSS Racing Engine Builders - Who Built Yours?

This topic is for the discussion of NSS Racing Engine Builders. Discuss anything related to your engine
    • Who built it
    • How happy are you
    • Parts used
    • cst
    • would you use them again or do you plan to use another if so Who?
    Click that chain link icon next to the camera above, and paste a link to your engine builder's web site

Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

I've used Indy Cylinder Head for my last three engines (for three different cars), and I feel like they screwed me badly. Another than go into the details again, I'm just moving on.

I'm currently having Damon at Diamondback Engines building a 440 motor from a used block I have and new rods and crank, and the Iron Max Wedge heads, intake and cam from last motor. Damon built my first race motor, a 540ci that I ran in Big Red Ram for a few years - and it was my best race motor.
    Visitors are encouraged to be Members, by registering.
    Members are encouraged to be Participants, by posting.
    Check out my Blog "Life & Times of an Old NSS Racer"

Comment

Automotive Machine Service in Albuquerque New Mexico at 1645 2nd st does all the machine work for me.
      I build/assemble my engines myself.
      Indy Cylinder Heads has supplied rotating assembly’s for two engines so far. Running both Indy and edelbrock Heads Indy has been decent to work with.
      I run eagle rods with good results. But have moved up to Callie cranks because of an eagle failure.
      I run jesel belts, they help reduce harmonics that can have a negative effect on engine life. Plus cam timing changes are worthy tuning considerations. As well a high quality harmonic balancer.
      Premium parts in, premium results out, and longevity. Have over 400 passes on a 526 stock block combination make 750HP with minor maintenance.

Wedge Power
      63 Savoy
      High Voltage

Comment

Don Baxter built this engine. I'm happy with it and will be much happier once the chassis is done.
        B1 MC Heads
        Ross Pistons, BME rods , Bryant Crank, Comp Cams.

Comment

• Who built it
          • My friend Steven does the machine work. One man show. He's real slow, but real good. I do everything else.
          • How happy are you
          • Can't complain, wouldn't do any good. My builder won't listen to anybody!
          • Parts used
          • Whatever's laying around, salvaged, leftover, comes in HappyMeal boxes, or cheep!
          • cost
          • (see #3)
          • would you use them again or do you plan to use another if so Who?
          • Can't fire the engine builder (/driver/banker/truck driver/tuner/shop rat////). He works too cheap!
          1965 Malibu SS - "Tennessee Flash" NSS

Comment

Working...
          X