Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four Distinct Sections To NSS Racing

SUBSCRIBE
    First off you have to realize that there are now Four very separate areas of NSS Racing, all represented with a tab.There will be pages added in the future. For instance, in the works is a Premium Member page with one of the features being a Premium Member photo album that they can use to hōst the photos in their posts, like the one I use for Dave Cuell Classic at:http://www.nssracing.com/ddc-gallery/

I know it is different than what's been here for last six years, but a little effort and you will find that it not only that it isn't that difficult, but s also better.
    1. Forums is obviously for the topics regarding NSS Racing. When you are in that area, there is an index in the right sidebar for those threads, sorted by last reply, or vote the case of a poll. The reason for not combining on and off topic threads is that there are a high percentage of people who will only come to a Racing site for Racing posts, and feel so offended by non-Racing posts that they stop coming.
    2. For those of use who want to discuss subjects other than NSS Racing with our NSS Racing friends, it is just a simple click of the Group Discussions tab. That section too has an index of threads in the right sidebar, but only for posts in the groups you've joined. If you're not a Member of the group, then you won't see those posts in the index. For instance, if there is a group each for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard - but you were in the Navy and don't give a Rat's Ass about the other branches; then you join the Navy Group and not the others. You will then only see the Navy posts in the index. I personally have Joined all of the group's. Likewise you can create and administer a Group if there's a topic you feel that isn't represented. That group can be Public or Private. For instance, say you're a member of the Crypts gang and there's not a group for you and other NSS Racing members who are Crypts, you can create a group, invite other Crypts Bros, and make it Private so the Bloods don't know when you're coming after them. So join the groups that a future post might interest you, and stay away from the groups that you have no interest in. Also in the right sidebar under the index of posts in your groups, is a list of groups you belong to.
    3. Next Tab s News. For the most part that is going to be site updates from me, or NSS Racing news.
    4. The final portion of the site is the blog. Each member is entitled to their own blog, You can use it for virtually any legal purpose you wish. If you're a little girl, you could use it as your diary. "Dear Diary, I have a hangnail that hurts, and Ricky winked at me. He's so cute!" Or if you're a Drag racer you could use it to be the shop diary of work performed, and race updates. Heck you can make it your web site like www.TexasWhaleRacing.com. You could even register a domain and have it forward to your blog if you wish Your imagination is your only limitatio
    Maniacal Ravings of an Old Hippie
    Shop Diary of an Old NSS Racer

My image posting solution was to go to Southern Star Hosting, to register the domain of www.OldHippiesPhotos.com for less than $10, and hosting for less than $5 a month. I then installed the Free Application Zen Photo with one click from my Control Panel. I have tens of thousands of my photo digitized, which in time I'll upload there to preserve from disaster, and access from anywhere. In the meantime it makes for a great place to host my forum photos - plus I can still install 24 more free applications on that site if I cared to.
Working...
X