At the shop Friday, I accomplished the following at the shop:

Last coat of red on the read end housing for Screamin Woody.



That was two cans of red primer and three cans of Banner Red paint. Also, cleaned, scuffed, taped off, primered and painted the wheelie bars.



Pressure washed the engine compartment of the 60 Plymouth after removing hood. The underside of hood needs to be taken down to bare metal and painted Corporate Blue.



The front suspension needs to be rebuilt, washed again, scuffed with brown 3M pads, painted Corporate Blue, and the front suspension painted POR15 Gloss black. The reason for Corporate Blue is that the car will get wrapped to look like the King's 60 Plymouth (His first Top Rank NASCAR car) that sat out back of his shop for 50 years.



Headers are on the 383 that will go into the 60. Oil pan just came in. Still waiting on a push rod and a pair of adjusters to finish. Yes I'll put a new Wix 51515 Oil Filter on it.

Bumper came off of my 78 Magnum - Ginger. It took a three hour drive with me to the chrome shop, to be stripped and re-plated.



They jumped on stripping to bare metal and sent me these photos.



They promised it will be ready in three weeks. We'll see! The huge full width bumper mount will get wire brushed and a couple coats of black POR15.

While on the topic of Magnum, the radio (from a 99 Durango that I Installed 15 years ago) was pulled out and tested as it has it's volume and reception goes up and down. It works bench tested, but in car its a big power draw. Testing still required to figure out.



And staying on the subject of my 78 Magnum, about 15 years ago I made a custom dash panel and filled it with Dakota Digital gauges. The tach has gone dim on me, and they're not as Kool now as 15 years ago. Below is an old photo, as the column shift has been replaced with a floor shift and console.



So I bought a stock dash panel to fill with after market gauges.



The gauge holes measure two at 4" and two at 2 5/8". 4" gauges are limited, and I'm two holes short for a full set if I couldn't find a combo. While pricey, I did find what I needed.



I ordered them with a white face with black day face and green on black night face. Ordered a clock and a oil temp with same face and bezel to fill the 2 5/8" holes. It rocked me about a grand, and will take 4-5 weeks to make. I'm sure there will be a lot of Dremel tool action to the dash panel to get them in.

The sheet metal was removed from my 99 Drifter 1500 and taken to Randy Stansbury for a 3-stage metallic red paint job. The clutch was rebuilt and drivetrain serviced a couple of weeks ago. Got the frame all purdied up while waiting on sheet metal to get delivered to me in Indy.



That' my now almost 31-year-old son on the bike. Saddle bags, windshield and Baby Ape Hangers bars have been added over the years.



Red and black is my favorite color combo. I hope it looks good on this bike.

Finally the trees. At my little cabin on the lake, I had a 30' Oak tree that died. I had a professional crew come out to take it down and grind the stump down. It was surrounded on three sides by a pool, patio and wrought Iron fence - so I wanted no part of it.



Also had three 30-gallon Mexican Fan palms planted.



All in all, I've had a pretty busy and productive week. The plan is to just rest this weekend by paying bills and reconcile checking accounts, catch up on some computer work - and watch the Stros, Texans and NHRA. Monday we head to Indy for the Finals.