We're a big tent here, and welcome any NSS Racer and any NSS racing organization into the tent, that is if they wish to participate in a big tent. This is not a snob group wanting to get involved in the politics of any snob group. The goal of this site is to promote NSS Racing for the benefit of all who want to race Nostalgia Super Stock. This community doesn't care who you race with. NMCA, Victory, 422, NSSI, SHRA or any organization - the Big Tent is only interested in the Big Picture, and that is for all of us to want to see the class to grow in size an out live us as individuals.
If you're a NSS Racer who is not a snob towards any single NSS organization, who is allowed to play with others without the fear of recourse, who would love to see the Class grow not only in your organization - but as a whole, and who enjoy the camaraderie of being in a big tent - then you will want to be a member of this community. Register to post, visit often, and participate. The sandbox is not only big enough for all of us, the overlap is so minimal that each of our little corners of the sandbox can also grow. We should encourage participation in multiple groups. I'll run in two series 2017, and maybe one or two other races as a non-member (no points) guest.
If you're part of the administration of a group that is snobby to other groups - don't be such a tight ass. The class can benefit with us all opening up a little inside a big tent. Sure you can feel that your group is best, but can't we still get along? Can a big tent atmosphere of standardizing rules with the participation of all groups ultimately benefit your group? Can't making it easier for Guest NSS Racers from other groups attend a race of two yours (without points awarded to them) benefit your group? Likewise, can openly encouraging your members to become a guest and your group's Ambassador at another club's event not benefit your group - or are you concerned they might find the other group is better and you'll lose them? Wouldn't maybe partnering up with group at have an us against them non-points race on a neutral ground benefit all NSS and be easy to find a promoter/sponsor for a big purse or Champion Rings or Jackets or nice trophies for each winning member?
Point is that smart groups will see that being inside a big tent will benefit their group and and the class. Together we're stronger. Here's how group administrators can use the big tent to their groups benefit.
- Start a thread with a detailed explanation of your group, the number of active NSS Racers in it, the region you race in, who your Championship Series works, group membership fees, race entry fees, purse, other contingency paid/awarded, if you have a policy to allow one or two Guest Racers to race without membership - or if you have one race that allows it, and anything else that might interest NSS Racers about your Group
- Post a "Live AT" thread prior to the beginning of each of your races, telling about staging, pitting and parking; update with qualifying, ladder, and news of expected calls to lanes, and results
- Post a calendar of events. We lost the old style calendar with the new software, but I'm working on a better one, so stay tuned for announcements. It just might happen that someone that a NSS Racer is traveling to a pair of races with an off week in between, and your group has a race and a Guest policy that will allow him to attend and inform others of your group
- Setup and use a group in the Group Discussions Portion of this Big Tent site. You can make the group public to where all NSS Racers can see posts, or make it Double-Secret and By Invitation Only.
- Encourage members to use the Guest policy of other groups and be your Ambassador
- You and club members participate in a Big Tent site like this, which has zero Club Agenda
If you think you're the best and you don't want anything to do with others, ignore this article and your club's intentions will become apparent and we'll leave y'all alone.